Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Drains, Drains go away!

I, Eja, am updating my blog. Ashley got me on the update place, so here goes. In June I finally got my last drain tube pulled out. I then waited for a week, went into the hospital for a CT scan. They wanted to see if the chest catheter was needed or if they could take that out. They looked and said, we'll take that out today. I now have no tubes! July and August have been good months for me. I only have the blood clot behind my left knee, but that's not been a big problem. I am feeling better everyday and able to go back to walking every morning and doing cooking and house cleaning, to certain extents. I have been so blessed!

I have wanted to send a big thank you for all the cards, phone calls, food,and money. They touched my heart and made me so appreciate people's thoughtfulness. Thanks for your prayers and fasting in my behalf. I can't tell you how much I have appreciated everything. I have been so humbled by all the kindnesses. I wonder how I would have ever made it through this hard time if not for all the caring family and friends I have. Wish I had words to express how grateful I am. Life is so good, I am enjoying getting back my strength. I have learned some very important lessons during these last 7 months. I hope I don't ever forget them or take life for granted.
,